Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 2

Today was good. I did my 20 minutes of cardio; 10 min. on treadmill and 10 min. on eliptical. I can only workout on the eliptical at the gym. I have everything else I need at home, but that. Oh, well, that's what a gym is for, right? I worked my upper boddy today, as well. The one thing I HAVE to get used to is working out in front of people. I know that everyone is there for the same reason, but I look around at other gym goers so I know they look around, too. I feel like the fat kid in school again hanging out around the jocks and cheerleaders. I understand it's a gym, but why and I always the fat one??? So, that's what I have to work on with myself. Once I talk to someone and have a conversation, it's not too bad. It's the fact that I don't know if I"m being judged or not.
I'm trying different recipes in the Biggest Loser small cookbook my hubby got for me. So far I've had Spinach frittatas for breakfast and hoisin porkchops with mashed sweet potatoes (yesterday). It was REALLY good! I recommend the Biggest Loser Cookboock to anyone. It's pretty simple and delish. 2 things that's a must for me. I'm not much of a cooker. I actually HATE to cook.
Today is going to be the spinach frittatas, healthy grilled cheese sandwich, orange, coffee, chicken breast with hoisin sauce, corn and green beans. I'm going to try to make one of the healthy desserts.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to feeling like the fat kid around all the jocks. What I've been told by the "beautiful" people in my gym is that we are indeed being judged by them....and it is that they approve and admire us for working out, for doing something to make a positive change in ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for those wonderful meals you made the last couple of days :)

    ReplyDelete